Saturday, November 17, 2012

Street Soccer

Street Soccer from Sheridan Shannon on Vimeo.


Sometimes the best way to have fun while getting a workout is to do something you love!

I am a "do stuff" type of chick, I love to play sports and be active, even if I am not good at them.
My really good friend Adam Frogley played street soccer for a club in high school. He loves soccer and would like to still have it part of his life now that he is in college. Him and I were walking to my apartment one day and passed through the tunnels that go to UVU. He instantly thought of how much fun it would be to play street soccer in the tunnels. That night we grabbed all of our close friends and played street soccer, it was a blast. The vimeo above is a music video of it that my friend Sheridan made because she thought it was so much fun.

Since we all had such a great time it has become a tradition. Every Monday night at 9:30 we play street soccer in the tunnels. It has been a fun way to be active and spend time with friends making memories.

Our street soccer tradition has evolved a lot since we started it over 2 months ago. We now have little street soccer goals and many new friends. Every week is different but some weeks we have up to 20 or so players. That is the best part. UVU has a large Middle Eastern community and many of them have came and have joined the fun.

With there being 6 other nights in a week sometimes I need other fun activities to stay active. With it being cold outside people often tend to cling to the idea of movies every night. To my loss I have tons of energy and can not watch movies all day everyday. Lately I have been playing basketball at a local LDS church with my friends. This has also been something that I have enjoyed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment