Thursday, December 27, 2012

3:00 AM

It is a little late to be up but I just have so much to say.
As soon as I start typing it is like all the hussel and bussel in my head suddenly vanishes..
I do not know how I feel about the new year. Because for once it means more than a night that I stay out late and have a good time. For once, it is the opportunity to end and start all over. Thanks to the atonement I can do that anytime, but for some reason the year 2013 stings. It stings because I have grown so much this year. I have had so many big events happen that it hurts it is over. This year I fell in love for my first time, this year I defeated the end of my senior year and graduated, this year I spent my summer in love with the man of my dreams, this year I moved out and started life on my own, this year I stepped into Utah Valley University with my head held high and my dreams ready to take flight, this year I had my heart smashed and vaporized, this year I learned to stand on my own two feet and love myself, I learned who I am this year and what I want, this year I lost my hero Bob Koch (my grandpa/best friend), this year I made friends who have changed who I am for the better, and this year I have learned that the atonement can really take all pain. Even the pain caused from losing loved ones. I am a daughter of a king, and I need to look at the new year in the eye and be brave. I can do this! I can let go of this year and have faith for the year to come. I will love again and achieve greatness.

Here is another one of my guilty pleasures, Alicia Cards poems, because I loved it so much.


After a while you learn
The subtle difference between
Holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't always mean security.

And you begin to learn
That kisses aren't countracts
And presents aren't promises
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes ahead
With the grace of a woman
Not the grief of a child.

And you learn 
To build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground is
Too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way
Of falling down in mid flight.

After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if you get too much
So you plant your own garden
And decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting
For someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn 
That you really can endure
That you are really strong
And you really do have worth
And you learn and you learn
With every goodbye, you learn.

1 comment: